Oak Hollow Elementary
School Community Council Meeting
March 19, 2021
10:00 am Virtual
Approved minutes from last meeting
Sent our short agenda:
- Teachers doing in classroom
- More Social Emotional Development
- Doing circles / Voice in classrooms & building communication in class.
- By Spring 2022 all faculty members will implement Morning Meeting in their class at least once a week.
Presented: Circle question
- What has been the best thing about this year because of Covid.
- All members took turns responding.
Land Trust next year
- Underspent this year because less aides were used and needed due to Covid year. Online students gone. We hired 5 but it was projected to hire 9. (the additional aides would have worked as reading or math interventionists. (Land Trust & TSSP)
- We will create an amendment to District that will allow us to roll over those leftover funds to use for next year.
- 14,000.00 left over to roll over for next year.
- School Community Council members all in agreement and approved it.
Looking at Growth- Instead of Bench Mark
- PDD to show teacher’s how to use Acadience (Norm based assessment for reading pathway to progress for reading and math.)
Goal is 70% or above for all students to make typical growth or above by Spring 2022 in accordance with the Acadience to Pathway to Progress report. Plan is to implement this next year doing PD’s with teachers for effective skill-based instruction to teach teachers.
Land Trust Amendment for usage of 14,000 rolled over for 2021-22 school year.
- Asked members for suggestions on where to spend it.
- Suggestion was to give teachers more time to slow down and evaluate.
- Proposed and agreed upon to give teachers more PD days which by giving them the time needed to go through data/work on accadiance and set pathways.
Purchase next year for LandTrust
- 7 Aides (including 2 french)
- 5 Reading Interventionists
- Myon Digital Software
- Scholastic Magazines
- PD Days – Training teacher on Accadiance –
- BLT Learn more about it
- Intervention Program used by Interventionists/enhancing Skill based instruction
- Responsive Services paid for .6 of counselor instead of .5 which was originally projected, which left us extra funds. (Picked up .1 more FTE than expected which would have been used for Counselor.)
- Left overage of 8,000 dollars to spend somewhere else.
- Due to Covid, could not hire as many aides as projected, which left a 24,000 overage.
- All this included in Amendment and agreed upon by all School Committee Council members.
- Would like to see more aides hired for math.
Signature sheet for amendment & planning sheet set out in office to sign.
Any member interested in serving next year, please let Julie know.