Do you have a little one ready for Kindergarten?It is important that we obtain an accurate count of all children qualifying for kindergarten for the 2015-2016 school year. If you have a child who will be five years of age ON or BEFORE September 1, 2015, the child is eligible to attend kindergarten this Fall. If you would like your child to attend kindergarten at Oak Hollow Elementary, please stop by the school 9:30-3:00 to complete initial registration paperwork.
Oak Hollow Elementary will hold a kindergarten parent orientation meeting in April 2015. All families who have completed their initial paperwork will receive an email with specific details regarding the orientation meeting. This email will go out the last week of March.
Still have kindergarten registration questions? Please call Julie at 801-826-8875
Each year, every Canyons District school recognizes a Teacher of the Year for outstanding teaching practices, professionalism, and community involvement.
Each Teacher of the Year receives gifts and prizes donated by CSD’s generous business partners and special honors from the Board of Education. Each also is nominated for Canyons District Teacher of the Year, an honor that includes cash, prizes, and a nomination for the Utah Teacher of the Year award.
To nominate your favorite teacher for the top award, fill out the following form and return it to your school.
**Please turn in your nominaton forms to the Oak Hollow front office by Tuesday, February 24th.**
Kindergarten celebrated their 100th day of school on February 11th. We were visited by Zero the Hero. Everyone showed their own creativity by making a cape with 100 items. It has been an amazing 100 days in Kindergarten and we look forward to many more.
Canyons School District
Dual Immersion Lottery
Dual Immersion Timeline:
- Sept. 30, 2014: Applications open on-line (http://www.canyonsdistrict.org)
- October 7, 2014: Postcard mailing to every incoming 1st Grader announcing Open Enrollment & Parent Meeting
- October 30, 2014 6:00-8:00: District conducts parent information meeting (9361 S. 300 E.)
- Nov. 26, 2014: Applications close on-line (http://www.canyonsdistrict.org)
- Dec. 8-9, 2014: Lottery conducted at the District
- January 13, 2015: Notification to parents sent out via email w/Commitment Form
- February 4, 2015: Parent Commitment Forms Due
- Spring/Summer 2015: Schools hold parent orientation meeting for incoming 1st grade parents.